Thursday, October 14, 2010

Monterey




We had a lovely long weekend in Monterey, San Simeon and Cambria last weekend. Full of Friends, Castles, Aquariums, Elephant Seals, Beautiful vistas and the best honest-to-goodness food we have ever had. More on that below.






First stop: Elephant Seals. Very cute and fuzzy. Very lazy.
























Hearst's Zebras really do exist!



































Along the way from San Simeon to Monterey to meet up with friends at the Aquarium.








Cutest thing ever! Cairo was a bit afraid of a wave maker, where this huge gush of water would come down every 30 seconds or so.














Our friends Roxane and Sydney from Florida.






Cairo loves fishes!






"So wanna go grab a bite or something"














Along Pebble Beach and the 17 mile drive.














View from where we had lunch. The Lone Cypress. Very pretty. See sammich below....













The biggest Sandwich ever! It's from:
Compagno's Market & Deli
2000 Prescott Ave.
Monterey, CA
831-375-5987

This hole in the wall Deli/Market our hotel recommended. The building is unimpressive, but the food, oh the food! You cant tell from the angle but this sammich was 3 1/2 to 4 inches high. Nick, Cairo and I could not finish it. Don't you love America's super size portions?






An escapee from the Aquarium.






















Bus ride up to Hearst Castle.

























3 comments:

  1. Oh! I miss monterey. Lovely pictures. When I lived on the Presidio we used to go to Compagnos all the time. They also have fantastic cake if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word it was good. I thought about you when we were there, wondering if you had ever been there :)

    ReplyDelete